Wednesday, July 30, 2014

My first attempt at "chalking"

     I've been wanting to try my hand at a chalk board for some time now.  I have seen these amazing ones all over the big P, but I have a terribly slanted handwriting, and for some reason my eyes also lead me astray - I always write crooked!  So I hesitated - until recently.  
     I had this great frame that I had already made into a chalkboard, but it didn't lend itself well to a calendar format which was what I needed....so, I decided to play around a bit, and this is what I came up with.  I don't think that it's too bad for a first time attempt!
     The frame was a $20 garage sale purchase - you know the kind!  Large, gold, ornate with a picture of a mother holding a baby?  The picture was destroyed, but the frame was inspirational!  I base coated it with Annie Sloan Versailles (my absolute favorite color) and topped it with AS Old White.  Then gave it a waxing with some homemade stuff - just paste wax with a smidgen of craft paint - antiquing.  
     I really like both the frame and the chalking.  I'll definitely try it again for the holidays! 

Cheers!  And Happy Crafting! 


No comments:

Post a Comment