Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Cutting Board Made Anew!

     Honey and I were in Cajun Country recently and he spotted this old cutting board at the Lafayette Flea Market for only $2.00.  He plays "I Spy" so well because only a couple of days before I had mentioned that I wanted to find one.  We had been to an absolutely adorable shop in my home town of Crowley, La - called Serendipity - and had picked up a couple of drawer pulls for next to nothing.  I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them ~ and this cutting board was what was needed next!
     Once I got it painted with chalk paint, I headed over to www.thegraphicsfairy.com and found just the right graphic.  I used graphite paper to give it a quick trace, then filled it in with permanent marker.  After sanding it down, I gave it a heavy coat of my favorite home-made wax.
     I think that it's just perfect for laying out some cheese and peppered salami the next time that we have friends over!
Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment