Thursday, January 5, 2012

I SPY ~ NOLA Style

I love to walk around the Big Easy and just take in the sights ~ It always amazes me how unique South Louisiana is, and how much I love it more each time that I am fortunate enough to visit.  My dream ~ to own a simple townhouse there so that I can go as often as I like, stay as long as I would like, people watch til my heart's content, eat all of the yumminess of NOLA, and most importantly listen ~ to the sounds, the music, the language - it all makes my heart go pitter patter. 

While there over New Years, I spied:

The River Bank while enjoying my 50th Birthday Celebration on a Dinner Jazz Cruise with my Honey Husband and my sister and Hubby!

Crawfish Boulettes - for breakfast, of course!

Beautifully hand woven rugs

Beads and a garter belt - overlooked, I'm sure, since last years' Mardi Gras

A protege perhaps?

The symbol of the city that I love

A BUMPER crop of satsumas this year - NOPE they are not kumquats although they look like it!

Beads, of course!

Fried green tomatoes - again, yes, for breakfast if you please!

The beautiful Cajun French language

A bit of VooDoo

Plenty of Mirlitons at the Farmers Market

And of course an alligator eating a burrito!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment